Wednesday 6 May 2015

Time Poor but love a good story ...


 

If you love to read but only have a few minutes spare, then Five Sentence Fiction is the solution, a complete story told in just five lines.

Thanks to Lillie McFerrin, this week’s prompt is: Memories.

 

Memories

The dark surrounds me. I tense as I hear the door open followed by footsteps closing in. I feel the cold knife pressed against my skin but it’s not used to sever my binds. I hear the sirens getting louder as they near, but they may not make it to me in time. So, I’ll take my memories, the one thing he could not take from me, and say goodbye.

 

Read the other contributors here:
http://new.inlinkz.com/view.php?id=522832

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. Looking forward to reading yours !

      Delete
  2. Intriguing; sounds like the start of something more. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheila. I appreciate the feedback. I was thinking of expanding this, so might just see where it takes me.

      Delete
  3. WOW...just wow. I didn't really want it to end where it did. You could develop it further. Its fabulous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy.

      I'll definitely have a go. I appreciate your encouragement!

      Delete
  4. An interesting take on the prompt. I don't think I've ever seen anything written like this - dark, with impending violence, yet somehow peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, K.R.

      I'm reading some darker stuff at the moment to contribute towards a play in development with three other writers. It's helping me explore other areas, so it may have surfaced from that.

      Delete